Like most followers of “Jeopardy!” Invoice Whitaker and his spouse, Terry, strive their greatest to provide you with the right responses.
The sport is so fast-paced that it doesn’t go away a lot room for dialogue. So generally, the couple will pause the present after a query is learn, speak it over, provide you with a solution collectively after which hit play to see in the event that they bought it proper.
“Often we don’t,” Invoice Whitaker instructed “Jeopardy!” producers with amusing. “But we love it.”
Now, for the following two weeks, Whitaker has all the solutions at his fingertips.
The “60 Minutes” correspondent serves as the following visitor host of “Jeopardy!” from Could three to Could 14, serving to the present trip out its 37th season with out late host Alex Trebek. Whitaker is the seventh visitor host to fill in, following Ken Jennings, Mike Richards, Katie Couric, Dr. Oz, Aaron Rodgers and Anderson Cooper.
“I have been really blown away by the coverage this all gets,” he just lately instructed The Washington Submit. “I truly did think, silly me, that I was going to be a ‘Jeopardy!’ guest host and carry on with my life as usual. But these hosts: They’re gossiped about, they’re tweeted about, they’re in People magazine, the Hollywood Reporter. … I had no idea that this was going to be this wild and crazy.’”
The printed journalist, who taped his 10 episodes over two days, mentioned he was initially nervous to step into the function and stand within the place of somebody as legendary as Trebek. Though he had the help of his spouse — who he referred to as his “biggest booster” — Whitaker mentioned it was exhausting to place the nerves apart and benefit from the second.
“I just wanted to make sure that I didn’t walk away from here looking like an idiot,” he instructed “Jeopardy!” producers. “But I finally did get to the point where I was having fun. There’s no show I’d rather do.”
Throughout Whitaker’s two-week stint as host, “Jeopardy!” is matching the winnings of the contestants and donating to Whitaker’s charity of alternative: Media Fellowship Home (named for Whitaker’s hometown in Media, Pennsylvania).
“It was started to get a dialogue going between people of different races and religions and ethnicities, and it has grown over the years to be a place that helps students get into college, and helps them with scholarships,” Whitaker instructed “Jeopardy!” producers. “And also one of the biggest things is to help first time homebuyers. … So they are a very small organization that has a big impact on the community.”
Who else is internet hosting ‘Jeopardy!’?
In line with the “Jeopardy!” web site, that is the upcoming internet hosting schedule:
- Could 17-28 — the “Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions,” hosted by former “Jeopardy!” star Buzzy Cohen.
- Could 31-June 11 — “Big Bang Theory” actress Mayim Bialik.
- June 14-25 — “Today” present anchor Savannah Guthrie.
- June 28-July 9 — Sanjay Gupta, chief medical correspondent for CNN.
Final month, “Jeopardy!” additionally introduced further visitors hosts, together with “Reading Rainbow” star LeVar Burton, “Good Morning America” anchors George Stephanopoulos and Robin Roberts, journalist David Faber and sportscaster Joe Buck, the Deseret Information reported.
When will ‘Jeopardy!’ exchange Alex Trebek?
Jean Trebek, Alex Trebek’s spouse of 30 years, has mentioned her husband was devoted to internet hosting “Jeopardy!” — whilst he underwent therapy for pancreatic most cancers and was in an excessive amount of ache.
- “Doing ‘Jeopardy!’ really gave him a sense of purpose, a reason to wake up in the morning,” Jean Trebek instructed Guthrie in a latest interview that aired on NBC. “And I might say all of us want that. All of us want a goal.
- “I knew his life was going to, on earth here, would wrap up quickly when he could no longer do the show,” she continued. “But he wanted to finish strong. And he did.”
Alex Trebek hosted “Jeopardy!” for 36 years. The present has not rushed to call a substitute, though Ken Jennings — who was the primary visitor host following Trebek’s dying and is presently a consulting producer for “Jeopardy!” — has mentioned there might be a everlasting host by the present’s subsequent season, which can doubtless start in September.
- “Let’s make sure we get someone we are going to feel even better about in a decade than we do this year,” Richards, the chief producer of “Jeopardy!” and “Wheel of Fortune,” instructed USA As we speak earlier this 12 months.