After a historic season that noticed the youngest male winner in present historical past, “The Voice” is returning as soon as once more seeking the subsequent famous person.
- The competitors’s new season premieres Monday evening, with coaches Kelly Clarkson, Blake Shelton and John Legend all returning to their crimson swivel chairs.
- Nick Jonas — who first appeared as a coach final yr when he crammed in for Gwen Stefani — reclaims his chair for the upcoming 20th season.
- The 2-hour season premiere airs March 1 at 7 p.m. MT on NBC.
- The episode can be obtainable to observe the next day on NBC.com.
What to anticipate
- The premiere episode will characteristic various singers competing in blind auditions, doing their finest to get no less than one “Voice” coach to show round and recruit them.
A sneak peek of the season premiere reveals a 22-year-old artist named Victor Solomon performing “Glory,” a tune co-written by Legend. The efficiency will get a chair flip from everyone however Clarkson, and marks the primary time Legend has ever turned for a contestant singing one in all his unique songs.
- “I grew up in a church, I grew up singing gospel music, and when we wrote that song, it was meant to evoke the hymns that we grew up listening to, and the songs that carried a lot of our ancestors through a lot of tough times when they were marching for voting rights and all these other things,” Legend advised Solomon after his audition.
- “I’ve literally zero times turned for someone singing my song,” Legend continued. “It’s just I scrutinize it more heavily than I normally would. But, I was like, ‘I don’t need to do that.’ I was like, ‘He’s doing some things I haven’t done that are better than what I would do with this song.’”
- Solomon advised the “Voice” coaches that he grew up singing Legend’s songs, main Legend to carry out his tune “Ordinary People” with Solomon on the spot.
- So who does Solomon find yourself selecting as his coach? Though Legend looks as if the plain alternative for the singer, the “Voice” sneak peak ends with Solomon saying, “I think I’m going to shake things up just a little.”
- Solomon’s alternative can be revealed Monday evening. Over the brand new season, “The Voice” can even characteristic artists Brandy, Dan and Shay, Luis Fonsi and Darren Criss as superstar mentors, the Deseret Information reported.
- The brand new season comes after good scores for Season 19, which averaged 7.four million viewers, in line with TV Line.
- The 20th season additionally marks the 10th anniversary of “The Voice,” which premiered in April 2011.
- “I think ‘The Voice’ has evolved in small ways over the last 10 years, but at the end of the day, it still is what it started out to be, which is a show that is about talent first,” Shelton says in a promotional video for the brand new season.
- The newest winner of “The Voice” is 15-year-old Carter Rubin, who in December turned the youngest male champion within the present’s historical past, in line with the Deseret Information.
- “To everyone in season 20: make the most of every moment and have SO much fun!” Rubin lately wrote on Twitter. “I’ll be cheering you on.”