One other week in wrestling is sort of over as we come to the ultimate present of the week, WWE SmackDown. What does WWE’s blue model have in retailer for us tonight? Quite a lot of Retribution nonsense could be my guess. However let’s discover out.
WWE Smackdown Report for August 14th, 2020 Half 1
The present kicks off with a recap of the current antics of these no-good non-political Antifa anarchists, Retribution, probably the most scary group of youngsters to ever throw a brick by means of the window of the WWE Efficiency Heart. Will we lastly discover out who they’re tonight?
Michael Cole and Corey Graves do not hassle to welcome us to SmackDown. They’re too on this Retribution factor. In a kind of examples of individuals telling on themselves, WWE mouthpiece Cole says Retribution is “making the most of present occasions” for their very own ends. Plus, Braun Strowman is right here to confront The Fiend and hopefully forestall one other stay intercourse celebration with Alexa Bliss. After which, feminine superstars from all three WWE manufacturers will compete for an opportunity to go after Bayley’s SmackDown Girls’s Championship.
However first, Massive E involves the ring to proceed his much-lauded singles push. He wraps his entrance gear proper round Corey Graves’s silly head. If that is not an indication he is able to main-event, I do not know what’s. A video promo from Massive E reminds us he is a former NXT Champion and former Intercontinental Champion, so he is not new to the singles recreation in any case. John Morrison heads out. A video promo from Morrison says Massive E is on their lonesome and the New Day is damage inclined, and likewise calls Massive E fats.
Massive E vs. John Morrison
In the event you’ve been studying my wrestling recaps all week, you will know that I’ve moved to a bullet level format for the matches in an try to be much less verbose with these items. Listed here are these bullet factors.
- The lights flicker proper firstly of the present and a lady from Retribution seems on the ring apron. Then the remainder of Retribution come out. I rely… eight of them? 4 stand on high of the announce desk and bang their steel pipes on the desk, having chased away Cole and Graves, whereas the opposite 4 beat down Morrison and Massive E within the ring.
- Everyone seems to be booing like these guys are the heels, however anybody who could make Cole and Graves shut up for a couple of minutes is a high babyface in my e-book.
- The Miz comes out to examine on his buddy as Smackdown goes to commercials.
After the break, Morrison and Massive E are backstage hanging out with a bunch of the roster, so I suppose that match is not occurring. Miz apologizes for not rescuing Morrison instantly. He was on the telephone with Maryse. He blames Massive E for tweeting about Retribution all week. Baron Corbin comes out and says what Smackdown wants is a frontrunner. Naturally, that may be him. He’s “The Scores King of Friday Nights,” in any case, or so I’ve heard.
Massive E will get in Corbin’s face. He calls Retribution “The Foot Clan from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.” He isn’t gonna allow them to spoil his evening, so he is gonna return out to the ring and beat John Morrison later tonight. Okay, I suppose the match remains to be occurring. He provides a rousing speech and all of the midcarders are with him.
Then Sheamus exhibits up in an terrible jacket and his bowler hat. He makes enjoyable of Massive E’s speech and factors out how alone he’s. He says Retribution can scent the worry on Massive E. When Sheamus is thrashing up Shorty G, Retribution will not have the heart to intrude. Massive E leaves with a number of midcarders to show he is not alone.
Bayley and Sasha Banks are within the ring. There are extra safety guards round ringside. They are saying that Retribution will need to hear what the function fashions should say, so certainly will not interrupt. Sasha talks about her Uncooked Championship protection at SummerSlam and their tag workforce title protection at Payback. However tonight is all about Bayley.
Bayley talks some trash about Stephanie McMahon. Not even a McMahon can maintain down the function fashions. Bayley is happy to search out out who she’s gonna face. Bayley says they’ve taken on each function in WWE and executed it higher than anybody else, together with commentary (true). Now they’re gonna do ring asserting. They announce the principles of the match. Then they make enjoyable of each wrestler they announce as they arrive out.
Uncooked/Smackdown/NXT Triple Model Girls’s Battle Royal
The Iiconics come out first. Then Tegan Nox and Shotzi Blackheart. Then Lacey Evans. Then Asuka. When Bayley will get to Asuka’s identify on her checklist, she tries to not announce her. Asuka comes out and assaults Sasha and Bayley and drives them from the ring. The remainder of the ladies come out: Ruby Riott and Liv Morgan, Bianca Belair, Nikki Cross, Tamina, Dana Brooke, Naomi… I feel that is all of them? Oh, Shayna Baszler too! She’s my decide. Smackdown goes to commercials earlier than the match will get began.
- Ruby Riott is eradicated first, saving Liv Morgan.
- Billie Kay and Peyton Royce go subsequent.
- Then Liv Morgan. The Iiconincs brawl with Riott Squad.
- Tamina Snuka eliminates Nikki Cross.
- Tamina faces off with Bianca Belair solo for a bit. Belair comes out on high and tosses Tamina from the ring.
- Naomi and Lacey Evans battle and Naomi will get what she deserves and comes out on high. Simply kidding, Lacey takes her out.
- Shotzi Blackheart takes out Evans after that.
- Shayna Baszler tries to get rid of Blackheart, and Lacey finally ends up helping from the surface to get the job executed.
- Tegan Nox eliminates Belair. Nox, Baszler, and Asuka are the ultimate three, the announcers declare. However they’re improper.
- Shayna Baszler tries to get rid of Nox by choosing her up and carrying her to the ropes, however she practically drops her. She picks her again up and will get her over the rope when Dana Brooke reappears and pulls Nox all the best way out.
- Brooke remains to be on this… however not for lengthy. She will get eradicated by Baszler.
- Baszler kicks Asuka out of the ring, however she lands on high of Bayley and Sasha, who’re laying on the bottom at ringside (I missed how that occurred) so her toes by no means contact the ground.
- Asuka will get again in and eliminates Baszler.
Effectively, that is attention-grabbing. Asuka will face each Sasha and Bayley at SummerSlam in separate championship matches. This match wasn’t rather well booked a lot as a sequence of eliminations, however it did handle to additional a number of feuds alongside the best way. Unsure what they’re doing with Baszler although. After a reminder of the feud between Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose, Smackdown goes to commercials.
Sasha and Bayley complain about how unfair all this Asuka stuff is backstage. Sasha says simply because Asuka retains beating Bayley on Uncooked doesn’t suggest Bayley cannot beat her at SummerSlam. Asuka runs up and beats them each up.
The Progressive Match Flo recaps the Sonya/Mandy stuff. Mandy cuts a promo backstage. She’s heard all her life how all she has is her seems and she will’t wrestle. That hurts to at the present time. However Mandy talks about how arduous she labored to get the place she is and the way arduous she works at present. Sonya ought to know that, however it would not matter. She reminded Mandy. Mandy challenges her to a hair vs. hair match at SummerSlam. That was simply the very best promo Mandy has ever reduce.
Sheamus tells some safety guards they will take the evening off for his match as a result of there is not any manner Retribution is gonna mess with him. Smackdown goes to commercials.
Nikki Cross is pouting backstage. She sees Alexa Bliss and runs over to provide her a hug. Nikki apologizes for shoving her after which abandoning her to have intercourse with The Fiend in the course of the ring. She asks if Alexa is okay in any case that Fiend stuff. Alexa says she’s tremendous, however she must get some solutions from Braun.
Sheamus vs. Shorty G
Sheamus heads to the ring. He’s searching for revenge on Shorty G as a result of Shorty interfered in Sheamus’s match final week, attacking Matt Riddle and getting Sheamus disqualified. Shorty G comes out and we’ve ourselves a match!
- Sheamus beats the crap out of Shorty G firstly of the match.
- Shorty makes use of his pace and mat wrestling expertise to get some transient spurts of offense in on Sheamus.
- However it’s largely all Sheamus. He wins with a White Noise and a Brogue Kick.
- Guess Retribution actually is afraid of Sheamus. They did not come out.
AJ Types is yelling at a man in a swimsuit backstage. Wait, is that Abyss?! Smackdown goes to commercials. And we’ll be going to half two of this report. Click on down under to comply with.
This submit is a part of a multi-part sequence: WWE Smackdown Report for August 14th, 2020.
- WWE SmackDown Report Half I: Retribution, Battle Royal and… Abyss?!?
- WWE SmackDown Report Half II: PISS, Retribution & Strowman vs. Bliss?!